Thursday, March 25, 2010

In with the good....out with the bad

Life since the beginning of February has been....well....tough!

We've had life changing news both good and bad and I came to realize that good news and bad can both be challenging, especially when they are walking hand in hand into your life.

I've been aching to get back to blogging but have had neither the time or the energy and still a sagging lack of motivation.

But here I am. Back after almost two months and with news to share.

First the bad because.... well just because.

My once vibrant MIL is sick....Moderate to Severe Dementia for now but it will continue to progress.

She's only 64 and she is, in ways, like my mother. She has done so much for us and has always been there through thick and thin.

Which leads us to spending all our time travelling 45 minutes away to be with her. Support her. Protect her. Provide for her.

It is all consuming, terrifying, tiring, and sad.

The decisions and communication that go on with a disease like this are immense and I never would have had any idea that at my "young" age I would be dealing with something so HUGE!

64.....only 64......



~Sigh~

O.k. on to the good....

The hubs and I are finally starting our family.

We have a little boy due in August.

We are ecstatic, overjoyed, humbled, mystified, and greatful.

This is a whole new beginning to this wonderful life we have made with each other. I can't wait to see what the future holds and what fun this little "man" will bring into our lives.

The fun has begun with picking out names, choosing nursery colors, nesting..... all the exciting stuff that I missed out on when I lost my first....

I am so happy to be past the scary time and on to the next stage and look forward to sharing my journey with anyone who will listen.


So....it looks like I will be taking care of not one but two new people. My MIL who will soon loose her independance and will be very angry and depressed, and my little man who will soon be the light of my life and will change my very existence in more ways than I can imagine. But in ways that I can't wait to experience.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad your Blogging Again!
    And HOLY COW, Congratulations on a little boy!! It's about time you announce! (DUE IN AUGUST? That puts you about-what...5 months? (ish)

    So sorry to hear about your MIL. Big B's grandma has Dementia and doesnt even know who he is whe we see her. It's very VERY sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited & thrilled for you!

    I am also so sorry about your MIL- I will keep you all in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete